When you go to the doctor’s office for a physical there are various tests he/she performs to check how healthy you are. Blood pressure, Reflexes, Eye Sight, Pulse Rate, etc. These are all indicators the point to your health (or lack thereof).
God cares about your health… He cares about your spiritual health too! So what are the spiritual Vital Signs that God checks to determine your spiritual health?
- Authentic Faith: Are you trusting God with the critical areas of your life?
- Spiritual Disciplines: Are you developing a consistent devotional and prayer life?
- Moral Boundaries: Are you establishing and maintaining clear moral boundaries?
- Healthy Friendships: Are you establishing healthy friendships and avoiding unhealthy ones?
- Wise Choices: Are you making wise decisions in every area of your life?
- Ultimate Authority: Are you submitting to the authorities God has placed over you?
- Others First: Are you putting the needs of others ahead of your own?
If you received a Spiritual Check-up today, how spiritually healthy would you be?
Many of us want to be spiritually healthy and we want to become the men and women God created us to be. But that won’t happen by accident! Spiritual Maturity isn’t an accident… it happens over years of intentionally walking with Jesus. Let these Vital Signs serve as your guideposts along the way.
Over the next Seven weeks we’ll take a look at these checkpoints one at a time. Please join us at Youth Group: High School YG (Sundays, 7:00-8:30 at EBC) & Junior High (Thursdays, 7:00-8:30 at EBC).