This Summer’s planned-for trip to Mexico has been cancelled, but I’m diligently working on other opportunities for the team to serve elsewhere on the same dates (Aug. 1-7). If you are aware of a service opportunity that would be Christ-honoring and Spiritually-challenging, please let me know ASAP. I will let you know more details of where we will be “re-routed” as soon as I have more information for you.
My reasons for this decision are as follows:
- Most people involved continued to express significant concerns for safety, despite their willingness to remain on the team
- Some informed me if we go to Tijuana they will pull out of the trip
- Perhaps waiting one year and keeping our eyes and our prayers directed towards Tijuana would bear more fruit through a team going in 2011 rather than this summer. Maybe more students would also be willing and called to go if a heart for Tijuana was cultivated over the next year?
We walk by faith and not by sight and we do not live out of fear, but I want to provide the best and most fruitful missions-experience for the students going and I have come to believe that means re-routing our team elsewhere (although I’m not quite sure where that will lead us yet). It’s crucial to trust God fully when He has clearly and specifically called us to obey Him in something, I also believe that means obeying him in giving up our plans and trusting Him to come through for us… That’s where I’m at right now.
As we wait to see what God is doing and where He is leading our team, please pray for the team leaders (Van & Lynn Latham, Keith McRell, Andrew Barker, and me) to prayerfully discern how best to lead this team.
Please feel free to email or call with any questions.
Blessings in Christ,