What difference would it make to our faith if our God wasn’t the Creator and there was no explanation for life’s origins? What if God wasn’t the creator, but looked down on Earth and fell in love with Humanity and decided to reveal Himself to us and the rest of the “Gospel-story” was true… what impact would that have on your faith-relationship with God? Think about it…
The Nicene Creed starts out, “We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.” I believe this is absolutely essential to believe in order to have saving faith. What’s the Bible say?
- “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Gen. 1:1)
- “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” (Gen. 1:27)
- “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.” (Col. 1:15–17)
- “It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts.” (Isa. 45:12)
- There are too many passages for me to list that clearly say that God is the Creator.
How do you think about God?
The significance of Creation by our Father Almighy:
- Remember he’s the “Father Almighty.” God is the Father, or “Daddy” as Jesus often called him (“Abba” means Daddy in Aramaic). He is also the Almighty and Holy God who ought to be feared and worshipped. We must worship God as the “Father Almighty” – the One who not only created us, but the One who loves us too!
- Hunger for Meaning is fulfilled through God. Have you ever asked “What’s the meaning of life?” God created us to worship Him and to find our pleasure through intimacy with Him (thus, our desire for joy and our obligation to worship are not at war against each other!).
- Hunger for Purpose is fulfilled through God. Do you wonder what on earth you’re here for? God created you… YOU! He didn’t simply create humanity in general and then walk away; God made you in HIS image and He wants you to know Him and serve Him. God has a plan for your life and He’s not trying to hide it from you – He wants you to draw close to him and to live the life He created you for (and His plans are good!).
- Hunger for Belonging is fulfilled through God. We’ve all been there: In a crowd of people, yet we feel all alone. We’re all social creatures (some moreso than others!), none of us like being alone all the time… but we just don’t always know where we fit. The Bible calls the Church the “Body of Christ” and says that we are all parts of the body; some are hands, some are feet, etc. – the Church isn’t complete without you!