We are taking part in Norfolk’s “Clean & Green Campaign” by working to clean up along the roads in town. Our location is still TBD, I’ll update this post as soon as I know, but this is a great opportunity to give back to our community.
We’ll meet up together at EBC at 9:00 and will work until Noon.
Here’s what you need to bring with you:
- Heavy Work Gloves (so the glass/thorns/other prickly stuff doesn’t get you!)
- Trash bags
- Emergency Contact info, any allergy medicine you might need
- Norfolk service day permission forms (download them here and bring it filled out. If you want to DECLINE permission for the Town of Norfolk to use any pictures with your son/daughter then you’ll need to fill out the Declination form which is also a part of this packet. If you don’t fill out the delincation form, then you’re giving permission for your son/daughter’s image to be used in future promotion).
Why should you participate?
- Jesus said we are the light of the world… what kind of light are we shining in our community?
- You can’t grow an “others first” mindset if you’re always sitting down! Get up, and get dirty in order to serve!
- If you need service hours for school, this will count.
- Last, but not least – We’ll be working together… it’ll be fun!