After consulting with at least a dozen parents and others, we have reschedule our time at Berea for March 20-22nd weekend due to the impending blizzard and extreme cold. The cold (-10 after windchill) would probably limit us to indoor-only activities, while the blizzard would keep the bus from making its way to NH to pick us up and bring us home on Sunday afternoon (afterall, busses aren’t known for being the safest way to travel in a blizzard).
Speaker: Stuart Hall
Band: Andy Neeham Band
We have until Feb. 20th to change our numbers without any financial penalty. Please let me know ASAP if you/your teen can no longer attend Berea.
- How are we getting there? We’re taking a school bus there and back, and packing our stuff in a cargo van.
- What time should I get to EBC? Come on Friday 2/13 as close to 3:45 as possible so we can leave at 4:00.
- What if I can’t get there at 3:45 on Friday? We can try to arrange for a “late van” to carpool up to Berea, but we’ll need a volunteer to drive the late van (preferably a parent whose son/daughter will be late). Please let me know ASAP if you do not think you’ll make it to EBC at 3:45 Friday.
- What do I need to bring? Bring a bagged lunch to eat on the bus-ride up on Friday. Items to make sure you pack include:
- Warm Clothes (warm hat, gloves, heavy coat) & extra pair of shoes.
- Sleeping Bag & Pillow
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste) & Towel
- Permission form (see links below for permission form and paintball info)
- Optional: Spending Money (For the gift shop and snack shop. Try bringing $1’s for the vending machines too)
- What am I NOT allowed to bring? No weapons or non-prescription drugs. If you have a prescription drug, please inform a youth leader. We also do not want students to bring their phones or any technology.
- Why can’t I bring my phone? What if there’s an emergency?! We want students to get away from their routines in order to connect with each other and to connect with God. Technology can easily isolate, and that’s the opposite of what we want to happen. Youth Leaders will have their cell phones in case of emergency. If you do not have Pastor Mike’s cell number, please contact the church office to get it. You can also call Camp Berea’s main phone number to relay a message for your student to call home if needed.
- What time will you arrive back at EBC on Sunday? We should arrive back around 4:00. We will post on Facebook (find us as “EBCNorfolkYouth“) and pass along phones for students to contact you when when we are one hour from Emmanuel.
Deep Freeze at Camp Berea is coming up! Snow tubing, crazy gym games, basketball tournament, volleyball tournament, carpet ball, gaga, pool, ping pong, snack bar, and so much more. This is going to be a great weekend to make some new friends and hear about the love of God. You’re not going to want to miss this… and neither will your friends!
- When: February 13-15, 2015
- Cost: $160 total (scholarships available upon request, contact Pastor Mike)
- Where: Camp Berea, Hebron NH
- Speaker: Nate Parks (Camp Director of Berea)
- Band: OBB (Oswald Brothers Band)
- Nov. 23: Signup through $80 deposit
- Feb 1: Remaining $80 & Forms submitted
- Camper Permission Form
- Leader Permission Form
- Paintball Info & Form
- Menu (for those with dietary concerns)