We’re going to Camp Berea February 19-21, 2016 for Deep Freeze! This is a great time to make new friends, strengthen current friendships, and to explore the question, “Is Jesus worth following?”
Here’s a video from our time at Berea two years ago (sorry, I didn’t make one last year!):
Here’s a flyby of the main info you need to know:
- Dates: February 19-21, 2016
- Cost: $140 total. $70 deposit due ASAP, remaining $70 due Feb 7th. (We don’t want money to keep anyone from coming, scholarships are available upon request, please contact Pastor Mike.)
- Speaker: Danny Ray (a Christian illusionist who integrates magic into his message… check him out on youtube!)
- Music: Oswald Brother Band
- Permission Form: Download the form HERE and turn in the completed form with your final payment on Feb 7th.
- Paintball: Yes, they have paintball! The cost is included in the required paintball waiver, found HERE.
- Departure from EBC: Friday at 3:00pm. Bus leaves by 3:20.
- Return to EBC: Sunday around 4:30pm
- What to Bring: Warm clothes (remember, it’s winter camp not a fashion show… and it’s only two nights), Hat & Gloves, Sleeping Bag, Pillow, Toiletries, Towel, Bible.
- What NOT to Bring: Alcohol, or weapons and non-prescription drugs are not allowed. We also discourage cell phone use and other electronic gadgets which distract and isolate us from spending face-to-face time with each other. If you bring a phone to use as a camera, please set it to airplane mode for the weekend.
This year’s theme is Re-Forged. Our lives take shape with every moment that forms and molds us until we may feel no more than a product of our faults, mistakes and struggles. But what if we can be changed? Sometimes it’s a slow and steady sculpting and at other times it’s a transformation that takes place in the fire of challenges, but the result is the same: our edges and sharpness are removed and the imperfections melted away as we are Re-Forged into something with new purpose that is stronger than ever before.